ViDAR™ for Uncrewed Systems
ViDAR (Visual Detection and Ranging), the world's first Optical Radar, is a wide area optical search system proven to operate up to Sea State 6. ViDAR autonomously finds objects on the surface of the ocean over vastly greater areas than traditional search methods. ViDAR operates optically so it is unaffected by white caps and other effects that impact technology such as radar.
Day and Night, ViDAR is able to detect objects that are very small – much beyond the capability of the human eye – to dramatically extend the coverage of tactical UAS in a broad range of search missions including search and rescue, illegal fishing, counter narcotics and maritime security. ViDAR is in use today on UAS with the Royal Australian Navy, US Coast Guard and other agencies and forces.
Photo Courtesy of NAVAIR.
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
20NM search swath enables over 13,360NM2 of ocean coverage in 12hrs at 60kts
ViDAR continuously scans the ocean 180 degrees in front of the UAS and autonomously detects all objects on the ocean surface
Real-time detection of fast boats, fishing vessels, rubber rafts, people overboard
ViDAR presents the operator with an image and location coordinate of each object enabling selection to cross-cue the UAS primary sensor.
ViDAR passively detects objects including those with low electronic signature
ViDAR supports EO and IR sensors enabling day and night mission operations
More of our products
- AiMTI : AI-enabled Moving Target Indicator
- AiMTI is Sentient's version of Moving Target Indication solution, enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI). Based on Kestrel, a product with the technology readiness level (TRL) of 9, AiMTI autonomously detects moving targets by augmenting full motion video systems to detect targets in areas that are 20 times larger, eliminating the “soda-straw effect”. The targets can be persistently tracked by adding "breadcrumbs' to follow moving targets without losing sight of the big picture. The addition of the AI analytic for mti processing enhances detection of moving targets as well as the accuracy of the detection.
- The world’s first maritime Optical Radar
- ViDAR Land
- Autonomous Computer Vision Based Wide Area Persistent ISR
- ViDAR VMS PODS
- VMS Optical Radar Pod Systems
- Airborne Small Object Detection over Land and Sea
- Ground Based Small Object Detection