ViDAR (Visual Detection and Ranging), the world's first Optical Radar, is a maritime wide area optical search system proven to operate up to Sea State 6. ViDAR autonomously finds objects on the surface of the ocean over vastly greater areas than traditional search methods. ViDAR operates optically so it is unaffected by white caps and other effects that impact technology such as radar.
Day and Night, ViDAR is able to detect objects that are very small – much beyond the capability of the human eye – to dramatically extend the coverage of the aircraft in a broad range of search missions including search and rescue, illegal fishing, counter narcotics and maritime security.
ViDAR is in use today with the Australian Maritime Safety Authority, Royal Australian Navy, US Coast Guard, Canadian Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Mexican Navy and many other agencies and forces.
ViDAR provides 300x greater ocean search coverage compared with existing EO/IR systems
Low size, weight and power system available with self contained VMS pods and other integration options for different aircraft types
CLICK HERE to read about VMS Pods and integration options
ViDAR continuously scans the ocean in front of the aircraft and autonomously detects all objects on the ocean surface
ViDAR presents the operator with an image and location coordinate of each object enabling selection to cross-cue the aircraft primary sensor.
ViDAR has been extensively evaluated in a wide range of sea states
Small form factor IR optical radar
More of our products
- AiMTI : AI-enabled Moving Target Indicator
- AiMTI is Sentient's version of Moving Target Indication solution, enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI). Based on Kestrel, a product with the technology readiness level (TRL) of 9, AiMTI autonomously detects moving targets by augmenting full motion video systems to detect targets in areas that are 20 times larger, eliminating the “soda-straw effect”. The targets can be persistently tracked by adding "breadcrumbs' to follow moving targets without losing sight of the big picture. The addition of the AI analytic for mti processing enhances detection of moving targets as well as the accuracy of the detection.
- ViDAR Land
- Autonomous Computer Vision Based Wide Area Persistent ISR
- ViDAR VMS PODS
- VMS Optical Radar Pod Systems
- ViDAR for Uncrewed Systems
- Optical Radar for UAS
- Airborne Small Object Detection over Land and Sea
- Ground Based Small Object Detection